The temporary email service at Temp-Mail.org can be used to increase your online security and protect your savings account. How can it do that? Let us explain!
Phishing is a very common method of online fraud that involves stealing a person’s private information. This is done by secretly directing a person to a malicious twin of a popular website (e.g. Paypal) where they will enter their login and password. After you enter your information at such a website your real account will be captured, and all your money will be immediately transferred to the accounts of thieves. When something like this happens, it can be very tricky to get your money back because the majority of websites which can store your money will hold you responsible for your actions.
This applies not only to internet banking but also to online payment systems. The problem is that online payment systems are very widespread but still cannot boast of having a security system on par with the banks.
The Dangers of Phishing
Phishing employs the power of psychology to influence the minds of the people. When you see an exciting new offer from a familiar source (a bank or an online payment system), the chances are great that you won’t be very cautious. And the one thing that helps people with malicious intent is the fact that most users have a single email address that becomes the primary target of attacks.
How to handle the email problem with the help of an anonymous email provided by Temp-Mail.org
The main objective is to separate important/business emails from casual and spam emails.
We recommend you to use the following system (you can adjust it depending on your preference):
- The emails from important sources such as online payment systems and banks should be sent to a separate email address (preferably a single email address per payment system).
- Casual emails should be sent and received through another email address.
- For all other purposes, you should use temporary emails created with the help of Temp-Mail.org
From now on, all your email addresses are protected
When you’re using a separate email address for important correspondence, the chances are very slim that it will have spam letters sent to it. More importantly, in such a way you decrease the likelihood of receiving malicious spam that will be phishing for your information.
On the other hand, all “interesting emails” from “online payment systems” that you receive on your casual email address can be immediately deleted as you can instantly recognize that they weren’t really sent from your bank account, Paypal, etc.
Finally, the temporary email addresses, which you can create using Temp-Mail.org, are able to clean themselves. It means that all emails that were sent to your temporary email address will be deleted after a set amount of time (no more than an hour). Furthermore, you can create as many email addresses as you want to perform different tasks and change them whenever you wish. Anonymous emails do not have the feature of forwarding the emails to software such as Outlook Express, keeping all the suspicious emails away from your computer.
Ways of protecting yourself by following a few simple rules
All that we mentioned above is the first barrier that stands in the way of the phishing emails. However, there is still a chance that you may receive and open a malicious email. Thus, a second barrier is needed. This barrier is created by following a set of rules. You have to carefully sort your emails and be vigilant to protect yourself from online fraud.
Here are the rules you should follow:
When you receive a suspicious email, don’t be too hasty to perform what it asks you to do.
- Keep an eye out for certain peculiarities of the emails that you receive. Vague phrases, weird formatting, and other small details can warn you that you have received a phishing email.
- When you are receiving an email from your bank or online payment system with “exciting news” or an “exciting new offer,” you should determine whether this is true through the official websites of those companies.
- When you visit an important website, don’t go there by clicking a link in an email but write its address in the address bar.
- Read all about the features of your email address provider and antivirus software that concern the detection and filtering of spam and suspicious websites.
We hope that services provided by Temp-Mail.org will help you protect your personal information. Follow these simple rules, and you’ll never become the victim of phishing.