Furthermore, spam poses a potential threat of hooking personal information. A seemingly harmless email sent by a ‘bank’ or ‘internet provider’ can turn out to be dangerous.
Why spam causes harm
- every day, a user has to spend time wading through dozens of unwanted advertising messages and trying to find emails that are not junk
- spam messages often contain viruses and trojans that can infect your computer if opened
- spam is often used to disseminate phishing emails that are aimed at obtaining personal and other sensitive information from internet users.
Spamming and distribution of scam messages and viruses is booming in many countries worldwide, and it is no exaggeration to say that spam is a training ground for cybercriminals. In this regard, annoying ads are not the key danger.
How to combat spamYou receive spam since you have exposed your email address on the Internet, especially if specifying your email when signing up on the websites that are not reliable or trustworthy. As a result, spammers get your email address and sink you with junk mail every day.
Using a temporary email can fix the problem. Today, there are many services like that, but Temp-Mail.org is one of the easiest and most efficient ways to stop spamming.
Temp-Mail.org: Your anti-spam solutionThe Temp-Mail.org disposable email service eradicates the spamming problem from its root by generating temporary email addresses. The service requires no registration; instead, a new address is generated in a click of a button. If you do not like the email address offered to you, you are entitled to click once more to obtain a new address.
Temporary email will be useful if you need to sign up on an untrusted website or if registration is required to receive a link for downloading a file. You will download the file and forget about it very soon but the website is going to remember you forever sending you messages. Using Temp-Mail.org, these messages will be delivered to your temporary email address and deleted without disturbing you.
- Email is deleted automatically within one hour after receipt
- Temporary email is not stored on your computer, so there’s no virus threat
- No phishing messages.
More ways to protect yourself from spam
- Unsubscribe from mailing lists for as more websites as possible
- Group your emails into Important, Work, Home and Temp. You will have a few folders for different tasks, instead of a single folder.
- Create temporary email addresses when required (Temp-Mail.org can help in this regard).
- Configure your email client to block spam. This filtration method can take considerable time but it proves very efficient if done correctly.